Growing together in a living faith: Stella Primary School
Our primary school is a place where children simultaneously feel safe and cared for and encounter challenges that help them grow as people. Our aspiration goes beyond simply teaching academic subjects; we want to help our children learn values and a spirit of openness to the world on the basis of the Catholic faith. Our aim is to lay the foundations for our pupils both to meet their academic potential and to grow into responsible, engaged and active members of society.
Stella Primary School at a glance
- We follow a systematically structured curriculum for the development of good habits and character (generosity, honesty, self-organisation, respect and responsibility for oneself and others, etc.)
- We coordinate educational targets and objectives with parents via regular parent meetings
- We provide each pupil with individual mentoring
- We practise and model a living faith, which we see as helping form the foundations of a well-rounded personality
- We offer bilingual tuition in German and English for full participation in a globalised world
- We give targeted support to pupils’ gifts, talents and social skills
Stella Primary School came into being on the initiative of a group of committed parents. Our aim is to support the educational and personal growth of the children entrusted to us in close cooperation with their families, on the basis of Christian, specifically Catholic, values. We aim for our children, while they are with us, to receive a comprehensive general education and develop a strong ethical awareness and a sense of social responsibility for people in our country and beyond.
As initiators of the school, we draw inspiration from the message of Opus Dei, that encourages us to live out our faith in everyday life and to make a positive contribution to society.
Five key components are at the centre of our work with children in our primary school:
- Social, emotional and character education
- Individual mentoring
- Communication with parents
- Tuition in English
- Christian values
The curriculum of Stella International School complies with the Austrian national primary school curriculum.