Dear friends of Stella International School!
The first months of the school year have flown by and brought us many wonderful moments. The children in class 1A who started in September have settled in completely, and the multi-level class, which is in its second school year, has grown together into a solid community.
Some highlights were…
- The ORF visit to the school and Kindergarten as preparation for a broadcast on the Stella campus at its future location in Donau City.
- We won a photo competition sponsored by O3 for the best school photo.
- We had an exciting series of “Professions introduce themselves”, e.g., a doctor, a managing consultant a window cleaning company – particularly exciting was abseiling from the roof-, numerous apprenticeships and sporting activities.
- Since the start of the school year we have had English pen friends from a school in Kent – our children write to them in English and their English friends write back in German.
- Our school choir helped organize an Advent party for Syrian refugees at the AMAL organization
Our monthly professional development series “Stella’s Parents Leadership Talks” has been very well received, and the weekly professional development training for our teaching and education teams has become an integral part of our school’s operations. Stella is a learning organization on all levels.
The good habit for November and December is generosity and gratitude. Both fit particularly well into the pre-Christmas season.
We can all apply to ourselves the suggestions we make to our students, such as:
“When I have an argument, I try to reconcile” or I let everyone play and do not exclude any one”;
And about gratitude:
“I am grateful for the beautiful things in my life” and “I am thankful for the people who take care of me”.
Of course, St. Nicholas took care of our children ..
Registrations for the next school year have already started. If you have not yet registered your child, we kindly ask you to contact us as soon as possible as space is limited. We also recommend early registration for the rest of the school year.
We wish you and your families a joyful and blessed Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
With kind regards
Heidi Burkhart, President
& Team Stella International School